Here is sample of the types of meals that I provide…
I always try to involve children in preparing meals whenever possible. Lists of ingredients for meals is always available, please just ask.
* Cereal with yogurt or milk,
* toast with various toppings
* Sandwiches (cheese, turkey/chicken, tuna, jam),
* filled pitta bread/ wraps
* wholewheat or multigrain crackers with cheese, hummus, pickle, salad
* vegetable sticks, tomatoes and cheese.
* Beans, cheese or egg on toast
* French toast
* homemade soup with crusty bread.
* Fruit, yoghurt.
Dinner (all proper home-cooked meals)
* Homemade meals such as sausage casserole,
* chicken with potatoes and vegetables,
* vegetable/quorn/beef lasagne,
* mushroom and courgette pasta with meatballs,
* macaroni cheese with salad
* fish pie or fish with potatoes and vegetables,
* Roast pork with apple and potatoes (and other seasonal veg)
* homemade pizza (the children love to make their own!)
* jacket potatoes with various toppings
* Fruit and yoghurt, or custard.
Occasionally pudding will be cakes or other scrummy treats
which the children have made themselves or helped to prepare.
Drinks and snacks
* Fresh drinking water is available at all times.
* Fruit juice such as apple and orange, and milk will also be offered at snack ad meal times.
* Crackers and rice cakes
* vegetable sticks
Throughout the year we will celebrate special days, such as pancake day with pancakes, Easter with Easter Egg hunts, Diwali, Chinese New Year, Halloween, and of course all of the children’s birthdays with birthday cake!
Naturally, I am happy to discuss menus with parents and adapt meals for children with specific food requirements.